Duplicate accounts are not authorized. If you have an existing account but have forgotten your password, please call 334-954-3870 for assistance.
In accordance with local rule 5005-1, all attorneys filing with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Alabama must file electronically. If you need a login and password to file court documents electronically, please follow the instructions below that pertain to your particular situation:
- Attorneys admitted to practice in the state of Alabama and in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama should download the attorney form below and submit it according to the directions in paragraph 5 below. Attorneys given a login and password in this category have access to all documents except those intentionally restricted by the court.
download Attorney Application
- Pro hac vice attorneys should have an order granting their admission pro hac vice before they will be given an account. When the motion pro hac vice is granted, download the attorney form above and submit it according to the directions in paragraph 5 below. The order granting your motion pro hac vice should be submitted with your ECF application. In unusual or emergency situations, call the clerk's office at 334-954-3800 and tell the person who answers the phone you need to speak to the chief deputy about filing an emergency pro hac vice motion. ECF access to pro hac vice attorneys is limited to the case in which the motion was granted. Please read these SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS.
- Limited Filings: To solely file claims actions as a CREDITOR or the appointed representative, download this form:
- Providers of financial management certifications should download this form:
Financial Management Course Provider Application
- How to submit your completed application:
- Once you have filled out the applicable form, sign it, scan it, and save it as a .pdf document.
- Please name your .pdf document this way: Last-First-ECF-yyyymmdd. For example:
- Email your completed application to IT@almb.uscourts.gov.
If you do not receive a return email from us with your login and password within two business days, please check your spam folder and see if the email is there. If it is not in your spam folder please call us at 334-954-3870 for assistance.
ECF Training: On-line, computer-based training is available at pacer.gov/psc/etraining.html. Additionally, formal classroom training is available in the clerk's office by appointment. To schedule training at the court, please call 334-954-3800 and ask to speak with the chief deputy.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS for Admissions Pro Hac Vice:
- Motions pro hac vice must be accompanied by the $50.00 filing fee and a certificate of good standing from the United States district court where the attorney normally practices.
- The motions may generally be submitted to our court two ways:
- by having local counsel use our ECF system to pay the fee and submit the motion and certificate of good standing
- by mailing the motion, certificate of good standing, and a check for the fee to this address:
U.S. Bankruptcy Court
One Church Street
Montgomery, Alabama 36104